Seating is Limited Register Now!
Co-Hosted with The First District Dental Hygienist’s Society
Date: Friday, September 16, 2016
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 PM (Registration from 8:00 – 8:30 AM)
- 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM – Seminar
- 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM – Lunch Break (Lunch Not Included)
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Hands-On Screening for Oral and Skin Abnormalities (SOSA™) Training
Location: Kingsport Higher Education Center,
300 W. Market Street
Kingsport, TN 3660
Description: New evidence has linked the presence of HPV in an oral mucosal infection to the increased risk of oral and oropharyngeal cancer. Until now it has been difficult to identify those individuals with HPV risk factors. Participants in this program will take away the following:
- The important role of the hygienist in screening, education and oral care
- How to conduct an Oral Abnormality Screening™ exam
- The importance of conducting proper visual and tactile exams
- How to improve verbal skills need to educate patients without causing fear
- Discover the benefits of adjunctive screening technologies
- Learn why optimal oral-systemic health reduces the risk of viral infections
Debra Zafiropoulos, RDH is a cause-driven educator, passionate speaker and pioneer health crusader with a wealth of cutting edge information used to ignite total health and wellness and ‘what can be’ to the world.
In addition to being well-attended, Debra’s live programs have received accolades and earned her recognition as an A-list KOL educator.
Debra is also a highly-regarded author and has been published in many dental industry publications. She recently founded the National Cancer Network, a non-profit with the mission of raising awareness to prevent late stage diagnosis of all cancers through multiple platforms of prevention, protection, screening and referrals.
Registration Fees: TDHA/TDA/TDAA Members: $120.00
Non-Members & Admin Staff: $150.00
RDH Students: $40.00
Payment by PayPal
* Doctors registering non-members and administration staff must pay applicable fee.
Or by check payable to:
First District Dental Hygienist’s Society
Mail check and registration form to:
3569 McIntosh Dr.
Kingsport, TN 37663
Mail in below form:
Cancellation Policy: Notify Cindy Godfrey by 9/10/16 CGodfreyL@yahoo.com
$25.00 administration fee for cancellation.
No refunds after 9/10/16
Hotel Reservations: Meadowview resort & Convention Center, Kingsport
Group Rate for First District Dental Hygienists Society
$102.00 / Call 800-820-5055 or 888-632-3697